Joshscorcher's avatar on the forums.
Joshua "Josh" Burner
Joshscorcher, The Fiery Joker, Firebrand
Joshscorcher is a United States Marine and countdown maker/reviewer on YouTube. He is well known for his YouTube videos and collabs with the Autarch. He has a very similar style to the Autarch of Flame, albeit some minor differences most notably an added emphasis on humor.
His old intro was Liberi Fatali from Final Fantasy VIII. His recent intro is Trickster's Ambition by RealFactionMusic.
Josh starting video making when he was constantly chastized by his father to "get a new hobby." His father wanted him to stop only playing video games and watching cartoons and do something more constructive. So Josh took up video making. At first he started with making music videos, but due to constant YouTube updates, the videos became sped up or slowed down to the point where they weren't in sync anymore, so they consequently were removed by Josh. After coming across the Autarch of Flame, known then as peanut3423, he became inspired to make his own series of countdowns. The two have been working closely together on YouTube ever since, promoting each others work, even making multiple collaborative projects.
Recently, YouTube informed Josh that his YouTube account was no longer in good standing in terms of Content ID claims and consequently he can no longer upload videos longer than 15 minutes. He has checked the Content ID Claims and he has no violations, leading him to believe this was caused by some sort of YouTube glitch. However, since YouTube has no live support, neither does Google, and YouTube Support keeps flagging his emails as spam, there is nothing he can do to fix this. This comes as a severe inconvenience to Josh as most of his videos are now habitually longer than 15 minutes, forcing him to reluctantly split his videos into two parts. Since then, he has resolved these issues, though copyright claims pop up again periodically (most of the time from Hasbro).
Josh is not afraid to let people know exactly what he thinks about something, as a result, it's gotten him in trouble on many occasions. Josh has expressed much disdain for and frowned upon popular games such as Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VII (though his opinion on the game has been much more positive as of late), Resident Evil 4, Half-Life 2, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy 2, the Gears of War franchise, the works of Rockstar Games, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He has also taken backlash for enjoying games that are generally unpopular among the gaming community. Such as the Call of Duty series, the Dynasty Warriors franchise, and the modern Sonic the Hedgehog games.
Some of his countdowns also have mysteriously disappeared. He was alerted by the Autarch of Flame that someone had posted comments under his name that Josh had no memory of, leading Josh to believe that someone hacked his account. Before he changed the password, he noticed that three of his controversial countdowns had been removed, leading Josh to believe that since all of them had to do with Final Fantasy VII being bashed, he was hacked by a fanboy.
In his Top Ten Things I Hate in Video Games list, he criticized Okami for its constant use of backtracking and reusing Orochi three times. At the end, he stated: "I'm the Fiery Joker. And in my opinion, OKAMI SUCKS." Since then, it has become one of his most hated videos; eventually leading to Josh disabling ratings and comments on the video due to the overwhelming amount of backlash from angry fans and repeated comments about Left 4 Dead 2 being a survival action game. On of those particular fans was MasterofFoxes727. She's been banned but her one-sided, insulting video still stands here , but plenty of people had Josh's support.
Another one of Josh's most controversial countdowns is his Top Ten Most Disappointing Final Bosses list, where he panned Super Mario Galaxy 2 for "having no soul" and the final boss with Bowser being "insultingly easy". He has tried explaining his opinions in further detail in his Unscripted Blogs, but they have not done much to ease the rampaging hordes of fanboys.
However, in his Top Ten Overhated Games, Joshscorcher announced he had moved in to the category who thought Final Fantasy VII was OK & even placing it on the list. Josh also said Cloud Strife was a decent protagonist until his personality was flanderized by fangirls.
Another one of his works was from his video, Top 10 Games I Want to Like. In it he has mentioned Super Mario Galaxy 2 being a copy-paste sequel, yet he still goes for the COD series, which made him hypocritical. Another controversial part was when he talked about his experiences with Undertale, Fallout, and Boulder's Gate. The latter in which he mentioned is in his Nostalgic Immunity video. He, too, later got a response from The Cyber Okami who made his first commentary called Burn My Eyes . Although he did release for the sake of entertainment as well as criticism for Josh's videos, particularly this one.
Recently, he got into a huge war with one of his fellow editors and employees, Lily Peet. He made a video response saying that he's breaking off his friendship with him due to his one-sided, abstract thinking as well as his constant cyberbullying. Even though, ironically, some were for anti-bullying which went awry to most. A perfect example was in his critical response, Glass of Water: Guard Break , to Josh's Newbie Dash Review. Some of his close friends joined the fray as they talked about her cynicism and their experiences of being bullied at school, and in the military. In the end, Josh apologized for whatever issues he might've caused her, and he hopes things will get better between them soon.
On December 13, 2010, Josh enlisted in the United States Marine Corps as a trombone player. After 4 months of physical and mental training, plus 6 months of musical training, he is currently stationed in Cherry Point, North Carolina. On February 1, 2013, he was promoted to Corporal, as seen here.When he was promoted, he recieved a Marine NCO Sword, which is has jokingly used in several of his videos. The first time being when a fan asked him what his favorite weapon was, upon which he unsheathed the saber and said "Ya jelly?"
University of Houston Edit
On May 28, he announced he's been accepted to his college of choice, University of Houston. On August 13, 3016, Josh announced he'll be taking a road trip (not fly) there to study digital media.
My Little Pony: Friendship is MagicEdit
During his time at the School of Music, Josh was introduced to the Brony fandom by one of his close friends. He saw the show off his recommendation and felt the need to make a video review of the pilot. The review was very well received, from both bronies and non-bronies alike. He has not made it clear whether or not he is a brony, taking great enjoyment from his fans bickering and guessing.
One normal morning during a normal morning muster at 0745, he was told to report to his superiors. Assuming the worst, Josh did as he was told. He was not in trouble, in fact, he was in for a ride. Before he made a second review, his fellow Marines found out about the My Little Pony Review. They decided to formally indoctrinate him into the bronydom and "commend his bravery" by reviewing the show. They even awarded him a medal: a brony shirt. He has not worn the shirt yet and never will, but he does say he will never get rid of it as it holds a special place in his heart.
Since then Josh has fully taken up the brony mantle and along with his reviews of the series that continue to this day, he also founded a site for bronies in the world's militaries called Foward Operating Base Equestria (or F.O.B Equestria for short). On the site he has taken up the alias of "Firebrand" and has participated in many of the sites activities.
His worst of the show and most negative review was Double Rainboom (despite not being an official episode)
Top 10 Most Overrated Characters (removed) Top 15 Most Hated Characters (removed) Top 10 Most Overrated Games (removed)
- Top 10 Final Fantasy Villians
- Top 10 Minigames
- Top 10 Most Annoying Bosses
- Top 10 Call of Duty Missions
- Top 15 Craziest Characters
- Top 10 Manliest Characters
- Top 10 Most Disappointing Final Bosses
- Top 10 Things I Hate in Video Games
- Top 10 Things I Like in Video Games
- Top 9 Team Fortress 2 Classes
- Top 10 Fighting Game Finishers
- Top 10 Video Game Endings Part 1
- Top 10 Video Game Endings Part 2
- Top 10 Mario Spinoffs
- Top 10 Overrated Games (Remake)
- Top 10 Scariest Nostalgic Moments
- Top 10 Overhated Games
- Top 10 Favorite Pokémon
- Top 10 Worst Kingdom Hearts Bosses Part 1
- Top 10 Worst Kingdom Hearts Bosses Part 2
- Top 10 Dynasty Warriors
- Top 10 Darkest Mario Moments
- Top 10 League Champions That Need Their Own Game
- Top 10 Female Characters
- Top 10 Games I Love and Hate
- Top 10 Fighting Game Special Moves
- Top 10 Stupid Awesome Games
- Top 10 Evil Video Game Characters
- Top 10 Games I Want to Like
- Top 10 First Bosses
- Top 10 Educational Games
- Top 10 Scary Atmospheres
- Top 10 Brawl Music Tracks
- Top 15 Video Game Opening Cinematics (removed for copyright)
- Top 10 Video Game Composers
- Top 10 Credits Themes Part 1
- Top 10 Credits Themes Part 2
- Top 15 Boss Music Tracks Part 1
- Top 15 Boss Music Tracks Part 2
- Top 10 Final Fantasy Music Tracks
- Top 10 Kingdom Hearts Songs
- Top 50 Favorite Video Game Songs (removed for copyright)
- Top 10 Organ Songs
- Top 15 Scariest Music Tracks from Non-Horror Games
- Top 10 Nostalgic Video Game Songs
- Top 10 Sonic Songs
- Top 15 Organ Songs Part 1
- Top 15 Organ Songs Part 2
- Top 10 Music Battles
- Top 10 Mario Themes Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame)
- Top 10 Mario Themes Part 2
- Top 15 Most Disturbing Bosses from Non-Horror Games Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame)
- Top 15 Most Disturbing Bosses from Non-Horror Games Part 2
- Top 15 Most Hated Characters in Video Games Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame)
- Top 15 Most Hated Characters in Video Games Part 2
- Top 10 Legend of Zelda Songs Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame)
- Top Ten Legend of Zelda Songs Part 2
- Top 10 Saddest Moments in Video Games Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame)
- Top 10 Saddest Moments in Video Games Part 2
- Top 10 Co-op Games (With The Tree's Apprentice, Fawful's Minion, Hidrilion, Speedster, Felix Falora, Master H, Moonlight Soldier, UtterSpartan, & The Beer Guy)
- Top 15 Worst Clichés, Part 1 (With The Autarch of Flame and Chewie)
- Top 15 Worst Clichés, Part 2
- Top 10 Video Game Bromances, Part 1 (With Rabbidluigi)
- Top 10 Video Game Bromances, Part 2 (With Rabbdluigi)
- Top 10 Influential Games (Collab with Rabbidluigi)
- Top 10 OTHER Worst Cliches (By SonicThe Hedgehog17)
- Top 10 Metroid Bosses (By The Autarch of Flame)
- Top 5 Games I Hate That Everyone Likes/Top 5 Games I Like That Everyone Hates (By The Autarch of Flame)
- Top Ten DBZ Budokai 3 Ultimates Part 1 (By Bowserjr55 and Keybladeoverlord)
- Top Ten DBZ Budokai 3 Ultimates Part 2
- Top Ten Underappreciated Gems (By The Quarter Guy)
- Sephiroth vs Kefka
- Master Chief vs Samus Aran
- Mario vs Luigi
- Super Smash Bros. Done Right Part 1
- Super Smash Bros. Done Right Part 2
- Pokemon Done Right
- How To Make A Countdown
- Super Mario 64 vs. Banjo-Kazooie vs. Donkey Kong 64 vs. Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Travis Touchdown vs. Jack Cayman
- Nostalgic Immunity
- Fixing Sonic 2006
- Final Fantasy VII SHOULDN"T Be Remade
- Fixing Metroid Other M (With The Autarch)
My Little Pony ReviewsEdit
- Season 1 Pilot (Friendship is Magic)
- Season 2 Pilot (Return of Harmony)
- A Canterlot Wedding Part 1
- A Canterlot Wedding Part 2
- The Ticket Master
- Applebuck Season
- Griffon The Brush-Off
- Boast Busters
- Look Before You Sleep
- The Crystal Empire
- Magical Mystery Cure
- Equestria Girls
- Double Rainboom (Fanmade Episode)
- Snowdrop (Fanmade Episode)
- Feeling Pinkie Keen
- Mmmystery on the Friendship Express
- Princess Twilight Sparkle
- Bridle Gossip
- Over a Barrel
- Twilight's Kingdom
- Rainbow Rocks
- Hearts and Hooves Day
- Swarm of the Century
- Cutie Map
- Putting Your Hoof Down (Featuring Mr. Enter)
- Mysterious Mare-Do-Well
- The Cutie Remark (Featuring Ink Rose)
- Ponyville Confidential
- Newbie Dash Review (featuring DaWillstanator)
- Semper Filly - A Veterans' Day/Rememberance Day MLP: FiM fan-made video featuring Joshscorcher as Firebrand, and other voice cameos.
- To Where and Back Again
- A Very Minty Christmas (Featuring DRWolf)
- Dancing Mad (Brass Quintet)
- Winter Wrap-Up (Brass Quintet)
- Doctor Who (Brass Quintet)
- A Despair-Filled Farewell (Brass Quintet)
- Cipher Admin Theme (Brass Quintet)
- Legend of Zelda Theme (Brass Quintet)
- F-Zero Mute City (Church Organ)
- Gruntilda Final Battle (Church Organ)
- Simon's Theme (Church Organ)
- Passacaria (Church Organ)
- Let it Go (Church Organ)
- Glass of Water (Church Organ)
- Gravity Falls (Church Organ)
- Sloprano (Church Organ)
- The Legend of Zelda Title (Church Organ)
- I See the Light (Church Organ)
- Luigi's Mansion (Church Organ) (Patreon Reward)
- Invincible (Church Organ) (Patreon Reward)
- Flandre's Theme "U.N. Owen was Her?" (Church Organ) (Patreon Reward
- Fire Fire Fire Music Video
- Boros Legion Tribute (Gott Mit Uns)
- Rakdos Cult Music Video (Ready to Die)
- Selesnya Conclave Music Video (Baba Yetu)
- Golgari Swarm Music Video (O Death)
- Izzet League Music Video (Weird Science)
- Orzhov Syndicate Music Video (Collective Consciousness)
- Azorius Senate Muic Video (Dies Irae)
- Gruul Clans Music Video (Rebellion)
- House Dimir Music Video (Everybody Wants to Rule the World)
- Mardu Horde Music Video (Warrior by Disturbed)
- Temur Frontier Music Video (Savage Side of Me by Miracle of Sound)
- Abzan Houses Music Video (Under Siege)
Let's Plays Edit
- Let's Play Gauntlet Dark Legacy
- Let's Play Dragon Age Origins
- Let's Play Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Let's Play Tony Hawk's Underground
- Let's Play Alice: Madness Returns
Josh has been shown to have a very short fuse, having berserk buttons that instantly set Josh into flaming tirades, including overused memes, ponified dialogue, and disrespecting his opinion. Despite this, he is also known to be a bit of a troll, constantly pulling pranks on other forum members and people he doesn't know.
While he is very good at reading people and manipulating others, he himself is easily manipulated. The best way to best Josh in a fight is to use his own tactics against him.
His Virtue is Justice and his Vice is Wrath. They can be pretty deadly when mixed, so Josh is not someone to take lightly. Prejudice and intolerance are things that bug him to no end, and he will not rest until both of them suffer and die horrible and painful deaths. If careful, one can see that Josh is more than willing to help a friend in need. Sometimes he can bite off a bit more than he can chew, as his willingness to do other's work for them has resulted in many chaotic situations, all of which include Josh losing his sanity.
He has a soft spot for animals, particularly small rodents.
It is believed that he is planning on starting an Anti-Meme Campaign, wiping the meme menace from the face of the Earth. Due to this fact, the likelihood that Joshscorcher is the CT Sniper (Aka the Meme Sniper) is extremely high. The fact that he has military training simply increases the chance that he nails meme-abusers from a distance with a rifle.
Joshscorcher also appears to have a much different anatomy from that of other humans on the planet. When enraged, Joshscorcher has the ability to scream "KA-BOOOOOOOOOOM!" and cause a catastrophic explosion. He also is fully capable of surviving this explosion that he generates, although the laws of science all say that it should not be possible. Scientists speculate that the organ which allows him to release such an explosion is actually his appendix. This is due to the fact that the appendix virtually has no purpose in the human body and simply takes up room, therefore it has been speculated that the appendix is, essentially, a biological self-destruct mechanism, similar to that of several species of ants and frogs, just at a significantly greater magnitude. If this is the case, then the gene that allows people to control their self-destruct mechanisms are dormant, and most likely, Joshscorcher's self-destruct gene is anything but.
One of his former enemies is Psychotic Nekomata. During Josh's time in the Brony closet, Neko would often pick fun at him for his continued interest in the show and try to call on him to just admit it. When he did, however, the two were able to further bond over the show and now Josh is one of Neko's companions, as well as his inspiration to join the United States Armed Forces.
He shares a friendly rivalry with Keybladeoverlord, with Josh currently in the lead in terms of skill at Board Game and Mario Kart