"Hey-yo! Your friendly neighborhood, Quarter Guy, here!" - Announcemrnt from QG on literally everything.
|The Quarter Guy|
The Quarter Guy's avatar on the forums
The Quarter Guy, QuartrGuy
The Quarter Guy is a countdown maker who joined The Chaos Theatre in March 2012. Born and raised in Wisconsin, he currently lives in Arizona. Born in 1984, he is one of the oldest members of The Chaos Theatre. He is also a staunch defender of Fair Use, which allows the countdown community to exist. He is the creator of The Chaos Theatre's Facebook page.
BeginningsEditAmong the first countdowns he discovered was The Autarch of Flame's Top Ten Worst Video Game Cliches and Mediamaster's Top Ten Video Game Mindf**ks. As he saw more and more countdowns by these users and others such as The Fiery Joker, The Tree's Apprentice, and Fawful's Minion, his interest continued to grow. Finally, in October of 2011, he created his first countdown, Top Ten Kirby Abilities. Despite having some problems with it, the countdown was rather well recieved.
A Warrior in HidingEdit
Unfortunately, things don't always go smoothly. When word reached him about the threat of SOPA and PIPA, Adam was afraid of what this legislation would do. Thus, he removed his countdown hoping this legislation would die. However, not being content with just hoping, he joined the fight against this crooked legislation by contacting legislators through e-mails and petition. Upon seeing a piece by UtterSpartan about his feelings on the matter, he posted an unscripted video called "My 25 Cents Worth Ep. 1 - The Fight For The Internet", expressing his own concern for the principles of Fair Use.
Joining The ChaosEditUpon receiving the news that the dangerous legislation had been shelved, Adam was thrilled. To celebrate, not only did he re-master Top Ten Kirby Abilities, but released a new countdown, Top Ten Comebacks in Video Games, to mark his return. It was with this countdown in March 2012 that he finally joined The Chaos Theatre, and this countdown also marked the beginning of his using his pre-intro camera segments, the use of box art in introducing games, and the wearing of his ScrewAttack "Hat of Awesomeness".
In April 2012, he released his third countdown, Top Ten Opening Levels, which was his first video to receive 1000 views. It was also the first time he used Dio Brando as a gag. In late June, he released his first collab, Top Fifteen Gym Leaders, with the aid of his good friend in the community, The Tree's Apprentice.
Expanding The CommunityEdit
Aside from his countdowns, he has also made intros for Aquashell11, Lupina09, TheReaperOfHeroes, and The Water Waka's unscripted videos, among others. He has also done auditions for various contest countdowns, being approved for Speedster's Top Ten Favorite Franchises and The Tree's Apprentice's Top 15 Super Nintendo Games.
Getting To Know AdamEdit
In many of his videos, Adam has been rather upbeat and fun-loving. He also has a varied sense of humor, which can range from surprisingly subtle, such as the use of music from a different game than the one being featured yet which still fits the situation; to unapologetically blatant, such as the use of obvious puns. However, when he gets behind a cause, he will represent it with fervor, as shown in his first unscripted video. He is a staunch defender of internet freedom, and will stand against anyone who seeks to censor the net and take away Fair Use. He also has little tolerance for trolls. While he rarely shows his angry side, it is said that his rage is capable of tearing the dimensions apart, a rumor which he insists is mere exaggeration.
While Adam is primarily a Nintendo gamer, the first console he ever played was actually an Atari 2600 that his family owned when he was young. Back then, he was too young to realize how terrible the 2600 port of Pac-Man was. His first handheld system was actually a Sega Game Gear which he received as a gift. However, he eventually sold it due to a lack of games that appealed to him. He has owned every generation of Nintendo system at one point except for the Virtual Boy. He currently owns a Wii, XBox 360, PS3, PS2, DSi, 3DS, and WiiU. Adam is also well-known for being a complete & utter Mega Man Fan with it showing up in every countdown as a segment where it can & there's usually at least ONE Mega Man related joke in every single countdown of his.
- Adam has been known to underscore how bad some of his puns are by saying "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand CUE FACEPALM!"
- In every countdown except his first, he wears a ScrewAttack hat backwards.
- He does an on-camera segment before his intro which may or may not have anything to do with the countdown itself.
- When showing an entry from a specific game, he will use the box art from that game when displaying the name of the entry. If an entire series is represented in that entry, he'll use the box art from the first game in which the entry appeared.
- He will sometimes call Dio to smash a character who is getting too annoying or does something to piss him off. To date, he has smashed M. Bison, Jasper Batt Jr., Yuuki Terumi, Shao Kahn, Shantotto, Ghetsis, Gabriel Belmont, Flame Hyenard, and Handsome Jack but failed to smash Sonic because he ran away too quickly.
- He also smashed everyone who made the list in his Top 15 Most Hated Video Game Characters list in a hilarious montage at the very end.
The Exra Life campaignEdit
On Nov 5, 2015, he started a 1-day Charity Livestream event and donated over $1,500 in 24 hours to a charity fund dedicated to sick and injured kids. It was given to the Phoenix Children's Hospital and it was very successful. A handful of his friends participated, and as a little bonus, Adam played a plethora of games for entertainment.
This year during the entire fall, at 2pm CT every Saturday, he's made another campaign. Only this time, he donated to the Children's Hospital in his homestate of Wisconsin. The 24-hour finale took place on Nov 5, at 8AM CT. Since then Adam has made and gave $1,085 to the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, with over 25 straight hours of gameplay, from 19 games, in 8 weeks. He hopes he'll launch another campaign next year.
Information is listed at www.extra-life.org
Yami-chan Needs Help!Edit
On July 11, 2017, Adam made an announcment saying that a good frined of his, Yami-chan, is in debt. She's a part of his side series, League of LOL, and she has a lot of financial woes to deal with. Her college screwed her over, and she isn't able to pay her loans for the semester. As a result, she won't have any support to pay her rent. Her brother has posted a Gofundmne page to help her in her desperate time of need. As The Quarter Guy said, "Debt...debt never changes." Here's the link:
- Top Ten Kirby Abilities
- Top Ten Comebacks In Video Games
- Top Ten Opening Levels
- Top Fifteen Forms of Transportation in Video Games (With cameos by The Autarch of Flame and Mediamaster127)
- Top Fifteen Castlevania Boss Battles
- Top Ten Favorite cjszero01 Moments
- Top 15 Arcade Games of the 1980s
- My Top Ten Epic Wins/Epic Fails (3,000 Subscriber Special)
- Top Fifteen Most HATED Video Game Characters
- Top Ten Healers In Video Games - This was thanks to the numerous doctors that saved his life after they diagnosed him with Type-2 diabetes in 2011.
- Top Ten Underappreciated Gems
- Top Ten 2D Shooters
- Top Ten Nostalgic Games
- Top Ten "One More Try" Moments
- Ten Least Favorite Robot Masters
- Top Ten Cryokinetics in Video Games
- Top Fifteen Games I Played In 2013
- Top Ten Arcana Heart Characters
- Top Ten Card Masters
- Top Five Best and Worst Bowser Battles
- Top Fifteen Favorite Normal Boss Battles
- Top Fifteen Favorite Final Boss Battles
- Top Thirty Favorite Video Game Characters (30th Birthday Special)
- Top Ten Vampires in Video Games
- Top Ten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Boss Monsters
- Top Fifteen Worst Mavericks
- Top Fifteen Games I Played in 2014
- Top Fifteen Favorite Mavericks
- Top Ten Disappointing Games
- Top Ten Dragons in Video Games
- Top Ten Most Wanted SSB4 DLC Characters
- Top Ten Boss Rage Episodes
- Top Ten Games I've Played on Steam
- Top 10 Things I HATE In Video Games
- Top 10 Worst Games to Live In
- Top 10 Games I'm Hyped for in 2016
- Top 10 Favorite Pokemon
- Top 6 Least Favorite Gym Leaders
- Top 10 Astral Heats EXTEND
- Top 10 Dads in Video Games
- Top 10 Least Favorite Boss Battles
- Top 10 Neo Geo Games
- Top 10 OTHER Kirby Copy Abilities (5th Anniversary Special!)
- Top 10 Things I Like in Video Games - a Thanksgiving video and a positive follow-up to Top 10 Things I Hate in Video Games
- Top 12 Favorite Winter Levels
- Top 10 Favorite Alola Pokemon
- Top 10 Favorite WiiU Games
- Top 10 Favorte Video Game Villains
- Top 10 Least Favorite Pokémon
- Top 10 Guilty Pleasures
- Top 10 Fire Levels
Castlevania Month Edit
- Top 10 Castlevania Themes
- Top 10 Worst Castlevania Bosses
- Top 14 Castlevania Judgement Characters (Collab with The Green Scorpion)
Collab Countdowns Edit
- Top Fifteen Gym Leaders (Collab with The Tree's Apprentice)
- Top Ten Cheapest Video Game Bosses (Collab with WiiDude83)
- Top 50 Robot Masters (Mega Man 25th Anniversary Special)
- Part 1 (With guests WiiDude83, UtterSpartan, and SkywardSword193)
- Part 2 (With guests The Mounty Chief, Kitsune Hawk, and ZMurcielago)
- Part 3 (With guests FlamingBlueGamer, TheSilveryRival, and TyrannoGamer)
- Part 4 (With guests Lupina09, VirtualBoy, and Speedster)
- Part 5 (With guests pokepikoo, The Random Gamer, and ZeroMiles)
- Top Twenty Mario Kart Tracks (Collab with MaverickHunterZero75)
- Top Twenty MegaMan Battle Network NetNavis (Collab with The Green Scorpion)
- Top 14 Castlevania Judgement Chaaracters (Collan with the Green Scorpion)
Clash Of QEdit
The Q ReviewEdit
- Let's Boss Play Super Castlevania IV
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thanksgiving Feast
- Let's Play Shovel Knight BLIND
- Let's Play Dungeon Fighter Online
- Let's Play Adventures of Pip BLIND
- Let's Play MegaMan X Command Mission
- Double Dragon IV: First Time Playing!
- One-Shot Let's Play - DYE
- One-Shot Let's Play - Mega Maker
- Aquashell11 (A Jedi Samurott Production)
- Lupina09 (Howling Wolf Productions)
- MatterSplatterMan (The Water Waka Unscripted)
- BlazerFM (The Blazer Of The Terribad)
- SuperWario98 (The Spliced-Up Drunk)
- jamiefodonnel (Spartan Arcana Dragon)
- jake41341 (Hipster Films)
Other Videos Edit
- Do the Math (One-shot Commentary to DoodleTones)
- QG Reacts to "Rhythm and Rockets" - Patreon Reward
- QG Reacts to The Duel Terminal Animated Series Episode 1 Part 1 (Patreon Reward)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in a Nutshell!
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - My Name is Yoshikage Mira Monologue
- Persona 5 | Shadow Challenge (feat. The Autarch and MaverickHunterZero75)
- LIVE NOW! League of LOL and Splatfest!
Various auditions Edit
- Joshscorcher Has Over 20,000 Subscribers!?
- Why Mega Man X Should Return To His Roots
- Master H Says "I've Got Big Balls" For 10 Minutes
- The Autarch Needs A Drink...Badly.
- Crash's Kirby Dance
- Countdowns on Motorcycles - THE FULL VERSION
With various current and aspiring countdown makers Edit
- Me Smashing a Bell Pepper...With My Friggin' Car
- Josh Reaches Critical Mass
- Everything Wrong With Mega Man 2 in 6 1/2 Minutes or Less
- League of LOL
- Real Name: Adam Lutz
- Occupation: Video Game Programmer
- First Video Game System: Atari 2600
- First Handheld: Game Gear
- Favorite Franchises: Mega Man, Mario, Castlevania, Metroid, Pokemon, Kirby
- Mascot Character: Ragna The Bloodedge (BlazBlue series)
- Overlooked Games I Like: Arcana Heart series, UN Squadron (SNES), Mega Man X Command Mission, Shantae series, The World Ends With You
- Popular Games I Don't Like: Most First Person Shooters
- Favorite Genres: Fighting games, Platformers, Puzzle Games, Action RPGs, 2D Shooters
- Themes: Passionate Duelist (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters), You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles), King of Quarters (Original theme by Jake "virt" Kaufman)
- Personal favorite Final Fantasy game: Final Fantasy IV
- Most hated character: Dr. Weil (Megaman Zero series), by FAR
- He and The Water Waka have a somewhat-friendly rivalry, due to him being originally from Green Bay and a Packers fan, while Waka is from Chicago and a Bears fan.
- He spent over 150 hours playing Xenoblade Chronicles between April and July.
- He is friends with The Tree's Apprentice, VirtualBoy, Psychotic Mantis, and Fawful's Minion on Skype, among others.
- His official alignment is Neutral Good; he normally is upstanding, but is willing to cross lines as necessary.
- He has type 2 diabeties since 2011
- The Quarter Guy is infamous for abandoning his friends to get chipotle during the Replanting the Tree's Apprenice Smash 4 stream.
- He's currently living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin since March 2016.
- Adam used to work for WayForward. He was part of the development team behind Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and was a backer for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.
What Others Think Of The Quarter GuyEdit
"This guy is an awesomeness sundae with badass sprinkles on top" - Keybladeoverlord
"Awesome, except his football team of choice" ~The Water Waka
"Very inspirational and a nice guy on top of that! And I guess we share the same utter dislike towards that green haired bastard Hazama." ~ ChrisX